- During corporate career of over 30 years, David held senior general management and financial positions in large corporations, mid-sized companies and new start-ups, in multiple industries in 6 countries, including Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of 3 “Top 100” companies in Australia.
- As General Manager responsible for all functions including marketing, sales, finance, HR, IT and operations, David recruited and coached high-quality sales teams that achieved exceptional results in 2 most recent companies.
- As Managing Director of Australian Kitchen Industries (AKI), Daviod and his team grew the business from annual sales of $12 million and a loss of $2 million, to sales of $65 million and profit of $4 million over a 6-year period.
- In an executive capacity as CEO and CFO, David worked alongside and learnt from several well known and highly respected business figures in Australia, including Gerry Harvey, Kerry Packer, James Packer, Bill Dix, John Ducker, Phil Cave and Bob Mansfield to name a few, in companies such as: Harvey Norman, Qantas, Australian Consolidated Press, Optus Communications, and Sunbeam Victa
- For the 6 years to June 2018, working online from home, he gained extensive Social Media and Internet Marketing skills and Business Coaching & Mentoring experience. Using FaceBook paid ads, Google AdWords, Bing Ads and top social media platforms to generate leads and sales.
- Now focussing on building my Business Coaching & Mentoring business. My extensive experience during my corporate career with over 20 years at “C” level in businesses of all sizes, has enabled me to offer Business Mentoring & Coaching services to ambitious Business owners & Senior executives in companies of all sizes.
To read testimonials from people David worked with which testify to his leadership, motivational and mentoring skills and ability to work as a team leader and team member. Click on link below:
Major Business Achievements:
David has been instrumental in successfully completing a number of new business start-ups, mergers, acquisitions, turnarounds, divestments, closures and management buyouts.
He has extensive experience in the preparation and presentation of long-term strategic plans to financiers and has been successful in securing a number of significant fund raisings, including a $2.6bn. facility with 18 banks for Optus Communications, numerous bank facilities and funding for 2 management buy-outs..
As Finance Director/CFO David chaired the committees that undertook due diligence, prepared the prospectus, and negotiated the share sale strategy with financial institutions for the IPO’s of both Optus and Qantas;
Business systems implementations and upgrades have been a special interest throughout David’s career, from SAP and MRP2 to bespoke industry-specific systems in a number of companies.
David’s training and experience in internet marketing and social media over the 6 years to June 2016 both as a practitioner and coach/mentor, has enabled him to understand how to infuse modern thinking and technology with traditional business solutions to achieve optimal solutions to today’s business challenges
He personally coached over 100 business owners, directors and marketing managers, mostly from small to medium sized companies in the skills they would need to take full advantage of the amazing new opportunities that selling and marketing their products or services online now offers to companies of all sizes
Key Characteristics and Strengths
Commitment and enthusiasm are characteristics that David brings to every role he accepts, and he always give 100% to the companies he works with.
Bringing the ability to see the “big picture,” strategic thinking, corporate restructuring and change management skills, as well as his financial and operational experience and expertise to existing and new business ventures, makes David a valued addition to any team involved in strategic projects, as a trusted strategic consultant adviser to today’s CEO.
David is highly respected for always applying his personal core values in his business activities: honesty, integrity, trustworthiness, compassion and helping other people to be the best they can possibly be, are always paramount considerations.
If you believe I might be able to assist you to take your business and life to the next level, and you would like to learn more, please book a free 30 minute strategy consultation with me on my calendar below:
We can do this, preferably on Skype or Zoom Meetings where we can be face to face, or by phone if that suits you better. I look forward to meeting you:
Or just call me for an initial chat. My mobile number is 0418 277 137
Thanks for your consideration.