My Coaching and Mentoring Business Is Based On Over 30 Years Business Experience
During my corporate career I held general management and top level financial positions in large corporations, mid-sized companies, small businesses and start-ups, in multiple industries in 6 countries, including CEO of 2 companies with turnover in excess of $65 million, and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of 2 of the “Top 50” companies in Australia.
During my career I experienced and resolved most of the challenges business owners and top executives frequently face on a number of occasions and learned that whilst every industry and business is unique, the challenges and solutions are surprisingly similar.
In almost every business I worked in, I was fortunate to have had a mentor to learn from and provide guidance based on their own skills and experience. I worked alongside and learnt from a number of well-known and highly respected business figures in Australia, including Gerry Harvey, Kerry Packer, James Packer, Bill Dix, Phil Cave and Bob Mansfield in companies such as Harvey Norman, Qantas, Australian Consolidated Press, Optus, and Sunbeam Victa.
I was told on a number of occasions that I had the ability to “make things happen and get things done, with positive outcomes.”
During 6 years working online, I gained extensive Social Media & Internet Marketing Skills and Business Coaching & Mentoring experience. I personally coached over 100 small/medium sized business owners to promote their products online with paid ads to generate leads and sales.
My experience and achievements during my corporate and online careers has enabled me to offer comprehensive Business Coaching and Mentoring services to ambitious Business Owners & Senior Executives in companies of all sizes.
Why Business Owners and Executives Hire a Business Coach or Mentor
Every business coaching or mentoring client comes with specific concerns, problems or frustrations that have caused them to seek external expert advice or guidance.
The first thing a good coach or mentor will do is ask the right questions, to discover exactly what their new client truly wants and then provide solutions that satisfy both their needs and desires (i.e. their deeper emotional reasons).
The majority of clients have typically experienced one or more of the following problems or issues:
- They have experienced growth, but their business has plateaued, and they are seeking help and guidance to reignite their growth
- Alternatively, they may have grown rapidly but they are not happy with the amount of money they are making.
- They think they may not have the right people in the right jobs in their leadership team
- They are frequently experiencing overwhelm and seem to be getting stuck too often and don’t know how to fix that.
- They recognise that their focus on their business is having an adverse impact on their personal relationships, family and friends but can’t see how to change that without adversely impacting their business’ performance.
- They feel the need to have an experienced expert, from outside their business, available to discuss and share their issues and concerns with.
How I help them:
I typically work with the business owners and top executives; I help them to clearly identify then fix those problems or issues, and then to move forward and grow their business to achieve their vision for their business and for them personally.
The first step, before accepting an assignment, is to have a free strategy session with the potential client and asking a few questions to make sure I understand exactly what their issues, problems or concerns are.
It’s about making sure that the things we’re going to address are the true underlying Root Cause of the issues they are experiencing, not just the Effects.
For example, they might say “My problem is that my sales process or my product isn’t working, we’re not converting enough potential customers.” But when we dive deeper, it could be that the sales team are simply not at the right level to close their offer.
Once we have clarity on the nature of their problems and issues we can agree a strategy for how we will move forward.
You know how
many successful business owners and senior executives who have built a substantial mid-sized business reach a point where they are so busy working in their business that they don’t have time to work on their business, and no time for their families, friends, or themselves.
When they reach that point, the combination of their limited experience in running and continuing to develop and grow a larger business and the lack of balance in their lives, will often lead to stress, anxiety and lack of focus.
As a result, their business’s performance plateau’s or even goes backwards, and if that happens the way ahead becomes uncertain.
We can solve this.
What I do
I will help them to find ways to focus more of their time and share of mind on working “on” rather than “in” their business.
This may require the appointment of either a General Manager to manage the day to day operational activities, or a part-time Virtual CFO to oversee the finances and strategic direction of the business on behalf of the owner or CEO.
The Part-time CFO option will be a much cheaper option and having that level of financial expertise in your business can make a massive difference, so may be the best way to start.
This will free up their time and enable them to devote more time and energy to identifying the opportunities and critically important actions they must take to get the results they want, with the comfort of knowing they have an experienced and trusted advisor overseeing their financial reporting and control and keeping them informed, and at the same time enabling them to live a more balanced lifestyle; making time for their family, friends, and themselves.
Working as a team, our results are achieved by applying their expertise in their business niche’ coupled with the knowledge and experience I have built during my business career in general management, finance, strategy and planning.
Typically, Owners and CEO’s Of Small and Mid-Size Businesses have 3 Key Areas of Concern
Working IN the business not ON the business
– Too busy with day to day business issues, and the need to delegate ongoing day-to-day tasks and issues to their functional leaders.
– High Level Financial Management – Many will lack the required skills and experience, coming from either a sales and marketing or technical background.
– Underlying concern that they may be getting “out of their depth” into new areas in which they, and their executive team have limited experience or expertise.
– lack of a clear direction for the business. Every business should have a current business plan. Your business plan is your roadmap from which you manage and operate your business and refer to for direction in times of doubt. It should clearly lay out the long-term milestones that are most important to the ongoing success of your business
– not fulfilling their personal aspirations and vision (for their business, or their personal life).
Not leading a balanced lifestyle- family, personal relationships and interests suffering due to their work commitments
(Time and prioritisation).
– No time or energy to maintain their physical or mental fitness
– Not enough down-time for stress reduction, rest, recreation or relaxation.
Keeping up with technology, politics, economic conditions and trends.
An ever changing and never ending task.
I can assist your business using my specialist skills, knowledge and extensive experience to provide a unique insight from having actually done what you are about to do on a number of occasions during my corporate career, in multiple companies and in various industries.
Board experience over the last 20 years, serving on the boards of more than 5 significant Australasian organisations has given me a unique insight into how independent non-executive board members perform their statutory duties and add value, whilst maintaining their relationships with the business owners, investors and the top management team.
25+ years “C” level executive experience in multiple industries has given me a unique perspective and understanding of the critical elements of a successful business and how to implement them.
Training and experience in internet marketing and social media over 6 years’ experience, both as a practitioner and coach/mentor.
My Key Skills and Experience Include:
- The vision to see the “big picture” coupled with the ability to master the detail that drives a business.
- Strategic thinking, corporate restructuring and change management experience and skills.
- Understanding how to evolve businesses to achieve ongoing sustainable growth and profitability.
- Extensive experience and skills in the preparation and ongoing implementation of long-term strategic plans.
- Successfully completed a number of mergers & acquisitions, business divestments and management buyouts.
- Secured Venture Capital Funding for 2 businesses.
- Business systems implementations and upgrades have been a special area of expertise leading successful implementations across all functions from ERP, SAP and MRP2 to bespoke industry specific systems.
- Developed high level skills in both written and oral communication
- Extensive online experience in Social Media and Internet Marketing skills.
My broad expertise and experience has enabled me to provide strong and effective leadership and a comprehensive depth of mentoring and coaching to work colleagues at all levels.
Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) from Cranfield University (UK), and
Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA -UK).
If you believe I might be able to assist you, to work with you to take your business and personal life to the next level, just click on the button below to book a Free 30 minute strategy session with me personally, so we can discuss whether working with me would be the right option for you at this time.
Alternatively, send me a text message with a brief explanation of what you need help with, and I will call you back for an initial chat. My mobile number is 0418 277 137