Since 2018 I have been focused on my Business Coach & Mentor business in Australia and New Zealand, using the knowledge and skills from my corporate career to help business owners and CEO’s to resolve their current problems or concerns, and working with them to sustainably grow their business.
I am a passionate business mentor and have helped many people over the course of my corporate career and beyond to develop their skills and confidence.
I have been excited to watch many of them achieve great success in their careers and their lives.
In 10 years working in online businesses, what I heard time and again was “We all need a Mentor or Coach”.
But not just any mentor or coach. Someone who has actually been there and done what you aspire to do.
My broad expertise and experience in the corporate world coupled with 10 years working online has enabled me to provide a comprehensive depth of mentoring and coaching that few business mentors or coaches could match.
Over 25 years’ experience at “C” level in companies of all sizes and multiple industries in general, financial and operational management positions in new start-ups to large corporations, and in 6 countries, including 2 of Australia’s top 100 corporations.
Over 28 years experience in manufacturing companies in the UK, Middle East and Australia from Cost Accountant to CEO, has given me a deep understanding of manufacturing businesses, their systems, financial management and the types of problems and issues they typically experience.
During 8 years in General Manager and State Manager roles in Australia, I recruited and managed high-quality sales teams and achieved massive growth.
Worked alongside and learnt from several well-known and highly respected business figures in Australia, including Gerry Harvey, Kerry Packer, James Packer, Bill Dix, Phil Cave and Bob Mansfield, in companies such as Harvey Norman, Qantas, Australian Consolidated Press, Optus Communications, and Sunbeam Victa.
My training and experience in internet and social media marketing has given me the ability to infuse modern thinking and technology with traditional business solutions to achieve optimal solutions to today’s business challenges.
Commitment and enthusiasm are characteristics I bring to every company and executive I work with – always giving 100%
Relevant Skills and Experience
Business Coaching and Mentoring, Social Media and Internet Marketing July 2012- Present:
Since leaving my corporate life, working online from home, I have gained extensive Social Media Marketing and Online Coaching skills and experience. From 2015 to 2017 I Coached online, over 100 business owners, directors and marketing managers, in 12 Countries (Mainly USA, Canada, UK, Australia and New Zealand) in the skills and knowledge they would need to market and sell their products or services online, using mainly LinkedIn, FaceBook, Bing and Google Ads .
Since 2018 I have been focused on my Business Coach & Mentor business, in Australia and New Zealand using the knowledge and skills from my corporate career to help business owners and CEO’s to resolve their current problems or concerns and working with them to sustainably grow their business and optimise their financial management & reporting processes.
Corporate Career to June 2012:
During my Corporate career of over 30 years, I held senior positions (CEO, GM & CFO) in large corporations, mid-sized companies, and new start-ups, in multiple industries in 6 countries, including Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of 2 “Top 100” companies in Australia.
That experience allowed me to develop many skills, and achieve outstanding results including:
- The vision to see the “big picture” coupled with the ability to master the detail that drives a business,
- Strategic thinking, corporate restructuring and change management experience and skills; complementing comprehensive financial and general management knowledge and experience.
- Successfully completed a number of mergers, acquisitions, business divestments and management buy-ins.
- Extensive experience in the preparation, and presentation of long-term strategic plans to the board.
- Chaired committees that undertook due diligence, prepared the prospectus, and negotiated the share sale strategy with financial institutions for the IPO’s of both Optus and Qantas.
- Successful in securing a number of significant fund raisings, including a $2.6bn. facility with 18 banks for Optus Communications.
- Over 28 years’ experience in manufacturing industry in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
- Financial Management & Reporting and preperation & presentation of Monthly Board or Executive Committee Financial Reports.
- Business systems implementations and upgrades have been a special area of expertise throughout my career, leading implementations across all functions from SAP,ERP, and MRP2 to bespoke industry specific systems in a number of companies.
- As General Manager responsible for all functions including marketing, sales, finance, HR, IT and operations, recruited and coached high-quality sales teams that achieved exceptional results in 2 companies.
- As Managing Director of Australian Kitchen Industries (AKI), where I negotiated & led a private-equity funded buy-in, my team and I grew the business from annual sales of $12 million and a loss of $2 million, to sales of $65 million and profit of $5 million over a 6-year period.
My Broad range of experience and skills has enabled me to provide comprehensive mentoring, advisory and coaching advice to Business owners, CEO’s and Senior executives in companies of all sizes and at any stage of their journey from start-ups to mature businesses.
Master’s in business administration (MBA) from Cranfield University in the UK.
Fellow Of The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (UK)
Why am I different?
My knowledge and skills are based on over 30 years personal practical experience of actually having done it at top management level in multiple industries in a number of large and medium sized companies, and start-ups.
My training and experience in internet marketing and social media over the last 9 years both as a practitioner and coach/mentor, has enabled me to understand how to infuse modern thinking and technology with traditional business solutions to achieve optimal solutions to today’s business challenges
I have a proven history of honesty and integrity.
I will personally guarantee my advice and involvement in implementation and always give my clients the option to terminate our agreement without notice at any time.
What do I have to back-up my claims?
My proven track record and experience in finance and top management at the highest level.
Proven honesty and integrity in everything I do.
I invite you to read what others have said about working with me:
In Summary – The benefits of working with me:
My Business experience- Whatever your issues are, chances are I have been there and done it in a number of different businesses and industries. The issues and solutions that businesses face are surprisingly similar and will most likely apply in your case.
– I don’t work with just anybody. My reputation and integrity is also on the line with every project I accept. I normally work with CEO’s and Business owners who I believe have growth opportunities in their business that I can help them to unlock, and who are ambitious to grow their business, and prepared to make a commitment up-front to implement the strategies we agree together, in the time-frame we set and will commit to schedule weekly update meetings.
– I work with CEO’s and Business owners who I are open to mentoring and coaching and working as a team with me and their key managers to achieve their desired outcomes, whilst having fun in the process !!
– If the strategies we agree require an additional cash injection, I can work with you to develop a business plan, even help you to present it to your bank and/or finance providers/ including private equity companies.
I have secured private equity funding for 2 businesses, and a bank facility of $3.2 Billion for Optus Communications when I was their CFO.
I can add most value in small and medium sized businesses (large companies generally have too much red tape and are slow to react and make changes), whose leaders are keen to grow but not exactly clear how to go about it.
If you believe I might be able to assist you, to work with you to help you to resolve your current issues and to take your business and personal life to the next level, and you would like to learn more, just click on the button below to book a free 20-30 minute strategy call with me personally, so we can discuss whether that is a good fit for you and your business at this time:
You will receive an email confirmation and a reminder from my booking system prior to the meeting.
Or send me a text message with a brief explanation of what you need help with, and I will call you back for an initial chat within 24 hours. My mobile number is 0418 277 137
I look forward to helping you to build and grow your business